Starting the new year with a messy house…and convincing myself to relax ~ take it a room at a time. It’s cold for Texas and I’m trying to convince myself that it’s winter and these chilly days might stay around for a few months. The last few days, we’ve been running low on propane, so we’ve cut the heater real low, and kept a fire burning during the day. It’s been nice and cozy and I think my Texas bones might be able to make it through.
Do you ever feel like you have time to play or just do something fun? I’ve noticed that I have let myself fall into a trap of putting everything off until ‘the right time.’ Usually this means a clean and organized house, organized school work with detailed plans, or most unfortunately, it means a thinner Stacy:( Gotta let it go…days are slipping by.
Here I am…laying out my ambitions for the next year, to share with you. Don’t be upset with me if I come back next month with complaints that I just can’t get off my tocus. Please don’t be upset if I arrive quarterly with a whole new list and half of todays scrapped! We all need a starting point…………
- Create a wordwrobe quarterly with ideas from Project 333 (I don’t have to be a frumpy stay-at-home mom) (Help and shopping trips with Julia)
- Gather things for a craft bag and a planning bag to have with me
- Fall below 130#
- Take a spinning class
- Take a yoga class
- Journal fitness and diet; Be a Walky Freak
- Talk with possible mentors on Aesthetician Skills
- Take office skills classes
- Take an A/P class
- Certification for Colon Hydrotherapy (Yes! one of my lifes ambitions!)
- Mom retreats
- Retreat with Girl’s and trip with Julia
- See Georgia atleast 4 times this year! Quality visits. Can we make something together?
- Have more than half of our meals together; stop eating out!!!
- Home Yoga practice
- Special monthly outing
- Enjoy our home, seasonally, weekly
- Make memories of this place with lots of pictures
- Game day weekly
- Organize our pictures and schedule upkeep
- Keep Tucker
- Bible Study
- Planning Pow Wows weekly/monthly
- Get to Bed Early & Wake before kids
Kids and Homeschool
- Swimming for All (Lessons for Littles, Swim team for T)
- TaeKwonDo for All
- Create Annual/Quarterly/Monthly Education Goals for each child
- Include money skills for each and saving goals
- Create family newsletter and yearbook
- Cooking time in the schedule
- Typing for Troy (and maybe a little for littles)
- Continue with Classical Conversations and mom consider teaching Challenge A, Fall
- Co-Op; mom teach literature class Spring; dad consider teaching next fall
- PT/OT/ST Therapy for littles
- Low spending as we create an emergency savings of 3K
- Go over bare bones budget with David
- Save 4 months of this!!!
- Pay of T’s medical debt
- Save for Stephen eye surgery
- Eye appointment and glasses for all 5 of us!
- Track spending (Include tracking mileage)
- Can we have no spend weeks? Days?
- Open retirement funds for David & Stacy (even if I can only put $25 each monthly) (Thanks Frugal Trenches)
- Consider blogging about debt
- Lower said debt to $20K in 2013
- Make a list and share….Homeskills to learn. Seasonally? Monthly?
- Paint chairs
- $$ for loveseat, new king sheets, towels for both bathrooms
- Cutlery and knives for 15th anniversary
- Domestic Day weekly
- Learn to sprout
- Bake Bread
- Plan for gifts; birthdays, anniversarys, special days
- Garden in two raised beds